Welcome to the Federal Way Police Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Federal Way City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
- You do not have the complete serial number of the missing item?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered no to any of the questions please review our FAQ's below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 253-835-6700.
Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this system?
Answer: No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Federal Way please call the police department for that city.
Question: What if this happened on a state Freeway?
Answer: If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Washington State Patrol Office nearest you.
Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Federal Way Police Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):